New Intercontinental Champion, SummerSlam Main Event, Many Classic Names Return, More
- Over 30 classic names returned to take part in WWE’s celebration of 1,000 episodes of RAW.
- Stephanie McMahon returned during a segment to set up the SummerSlam main event. More on that below.
- The Miz became the new WWE Intercontinental Champion after defeating Christian with the Skull Crushing Finale.
- CM Punk seemingly turned heel during the closing moments of the show, after attacking The Rock and hitting a GTS. Rock was trying to help John Cena from an attack by Big Show.
- Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H has been confirmed for the main event of SummerSlam. A segment took place involving the match participants, Paul Heyman and Stephanie McMahon. It ended with Brock and Triple H brawling and then yelling “f*** off”.
- The Undertaker returned during a segment involving Kane. Kane had come out for a match, but was interrupted by 6 WWE stars who have had enough of being over-looked. The Brothers of Destruction took out both men, signifying that they are allies once more.