*SPOILERS* SmackDown Taping Results For This Friday, 9/7
SmackDown (Airing September 7th on SyFy):
* The show opened with Alberto Del Rio and David Otunga coming out to complain about World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus’ Brogue Kick and they want it to be banned for the match at Night of Champions.
* SmackDown General Manager Booker T came out and asked the fans if the Brogue Kick should be banned for the World Heavyweight Title match at Night of Champions. The fans decided that the Brogue Kick would be legal.
* Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara b. Cody Rhodes and WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz when Rey hit the 619 on Miz after Rhodes unintentionally hit a Disaster Kick on him since Cara got out of the way.
* Backstage, Daniel Bryan is shown heading to the ring when Hornswoggle approached him. Hornswoggle wanted to “hug it out” with Bryan like he did with Kane on RAW. Bryan went to hug him, but then Hornswoggle stomped on his toe and ran off.
* Zack Ryder b. Daniel Bryan when the referee reversed the original decision, Bryan winning via NO Lock, because Bryan would not let go of the hold when the bell rang. After the match, Bryan lost it when the crowd erupted with “YES!” chants while he yelled back “NO!”.
* Damien Sandow came out to the ring and discussed his actions in his non-title match against World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus from last week, then transitioned to ripping on the people’s usage of social media.
* Randy Orton came out to interrupt Sandow. Orton informed Sandow that there’s been a change in Sandow’s match tonight. Sandow starts to leave the ring, but Orton stops him. Orton says that he is Sandow’s new opponent.
* Before the match between Orton and Sandow began, Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero came out and join the announce booth.
* Randy Orton b. Damien Sandow by count out when Sandow bailed as Orton was setting up for an RKO. After the match, Dolph Ziggler entered the ring and exchanged words with Orton with allowed the distraction for Sandow to return to the ring. Orton saw it coming a mile away and immediately hit an RKO on Sandow, allowing Ziggler to escape.
* Backstage, David Otunga was in Booker T’s office continuing to argue that the Brogue Kick should be banned at Night of Champions. Otunga even showed X-Rays of Ricardo Rodriguez after what happened on Monday’s RAW. Booker booked a match between Otunga and Sheamus for later.
* WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and R-Truth came out and joined the announce booth for the next match.
* Darren Young and Titus O’Neil b. Epico and Primo w/Rosa Mendes to become the #1 contenders for the WWE Tag Team Titles when the Prime Time Players did their combo finisher. After the match, the #1 contenders and the champions had a brief exchange of words.
* Backstage, Senior Adviser to the SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long was in the middle of a conversation with Kaitlyn when Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero approached him demanding they see Booker T. Long says he talked with Booker about booking a match between Ziggler and Randy Orton at Night of Champions.
* Backstage, Matt Striker introduces a returning Wade Barrett for an interview. Barrett talks about being sidelined since March and says he is better than ever, finally saying his Barrage cannot be stopped before walking off.
* Wade Barrett b. Yoshi Tatsu with a new unnamed finisher in a squash match. After the match, Barrett reiterated that his Barrage cannot be stopped before leaving a motionless Tatsu in the ring while Trainers checked on him.
* Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez, who was wearing a neck brace, came out and joined the announce booth for the main event.
* World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus b. David Otunga with the Cloverleaf. At one point during the match, while Sheamus was setting up for a Brogue Kick, SmackDown General Manager Booker T came out on stage and banned it. After the match, Del Rio and Sheamus exchanged words, which allowed Ricardo to attempt a sneak attack which didn’t turn out to well to close the show.