*SPOILERS* SmackDown Taping Results For This Friday, 9/21
SmackDown (Airing September 21st on SyFy):
* The show opened with a recap of events from the Night of Champions pay-per-view on Sunday, followed by the announcement that the main event will feature Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler teaming up to take on the team of Randy Orton and World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus.
* WWE Hall of Famer Edge came out to the ring and said that it “never gets old” and laughed, adding that every day he misses coming down to the ring and doing what he does best. Edge talked about watching the Daniel Bryan and Kane tag team from home and saying that it’s something he’s never seen before, which led to Daniel Bryan coming out to interrupt.
* Bryan and Edge ended up arguing for a good few minutes, with Bryan even telling Edge to go back to acting, until Kane’s pyro went off and he interrupted them. When Kane got in the ring, he and Bryan continued their “I am the Tag Team Champions” argument that has been ongoing since they captured the titles at Night of Champions.
* Edge kept interrupting the Tag Champions argument, which led to Kane saying Edge should give Dr. Shelby a call. Edge then reignited his rivalry with Kane saying he’s a Big Red Machine, not Barney the Dinosaur and asked Kane if he remembered who he used to be. Kane said he does and they should take care of it right now.
* Edge removed his jacket and went to go after Kane, who held his arms out for a hug. Edge hesitated for a while, but eventually he embraced Kane. Bryan started screaming NO about what Kane was doing until Edge told him to join the hug. As Bryan was about to do it, Damien Sandow interrupted.
* Sandow stated that he came out here to help everyone and Edge told him to shut up. SmackDown General Manager Booker T appeared on the titantron before things could get any worse and announced Kane will face Sandow in a match next.
* Damien Sandow b. WWE Tag Team Champion Kane with a neck breaker following a distraction from Daniel Bryan who appeared on the ring apron with both tag titles in hand as Kane was going for a chokeslam. After the match, Bryan was shown on stage screaming “I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS” and Kane was not too happy.
* Backstage, Kane was flipping out and searching for Daniel Bryan and instead found Dr. Shelby, who told him to calm down. Kane threatened to rip Bryan’s beard off if he didn’t get his title back, leading to Bryan popping out from behind a crate and shouting ensued. Dr. Shelby interrupted and made them promise to share the titles and for Kane to not rip Bryan’s beard off. Shelby said he will talk to Booker T and get Bryan a match to make Kane feel better since Bryan cost Kane his match.
* Backstage, Alberto Del Rio was shown in Booker T’s office complaining about how the Brogue Kick was reinstated right before the World Title match on Sunday. Booker said he feels bad about it, but Del Rio needs to earn another title match and implied that it could happen if Del Rio is victorious in the tag team match later.
* WWE Divas Champion and assistant to the SmackDown General Manager Eve Torres came out and joined the announce team for the next match.
* Layla b. Natalya with a neck breaker.
* Randy Orton and World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus b. Alberto Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez and Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie Guerrero when Del Rio took an RKO while Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick on Ziggler for the pin.
* Cody Rhodes b. WWE Tag Team Champion Daniel Bryan with Cross Rhodes following a distraction by Kane’s pyro going off while Bryan had the NO Lock applied on Rhodes. After the match, Kane was shown on the stage laughing at Bryan for losing and Bryan started shouting NO in the ring.
* Backstage, Daniel Bryan was looking for Kane. When he found him, Kane was laughing which led to more shouting between them. Bryan mentioned how Kane belonged in a basement and Kane said Bryan belonged in a petting zoo. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow were shown walking past them and they said the titles are being disgraced with their petty arguing. Bryan and Kane suggest they all settle this in the ring later and Rhodes and Sandow agreed.
* Brodus Clay b. Heath Slater via disqualification when Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal attacked Brodus as he was about finish off Slater. After the match, the attack continued and eventually the Mahal, McIntyre and Slater celebrated by mocking Brodus’ dancing.
* Santino Marella b. WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro w/Aksana in a non-title match with a roll-up. Originally, Cesaro hit the Neutralizer and was set to win, but Aksana fell in the ring hurting her leg so the referee checked on her instead of counting the pin. After the match, Cesaro told Aksana that they were finished.
* It is announced that the tag team main event would now be a Lumberjack match. The Lumberjacks were Justin Gabriel/Tyson Kidd, Darren Young/Titus O’Neil and The Usos.
* WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan and Kane b. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow in a non-title tag team Lumberjack match via disqualification when Rhodes hit Kane with a steel chair. After the match, Kane took Sandow out and Bryan held a chair over Rhodes. Instead of hitting Rhodes himself, Bryan handed the steel chair to Kane and let him do it. The tag champs celebrated to close the show.