*SPOILERS* WWE NXT Taping Results For 1/2, 1/9 & 1/16
Thanks, as always, to our NXT correspondent Kyle Deck for the following spoilers. Refresh for the latest updates.
Dark Match: Conor O’Brian b. Oliver Grey in a squash match. O’Brian had a new gimmick that mirrored The Ascension.
Dark Match #2: Wade Barrett b. Alex Riley with the Bullhammer.
Episode 1; Airing January 2nd
* Garrett Dylan vs. an unnamed worker ends in a no contest when The Shield came out and took both of them out. After the match, Ambrose got on the mic and cut a promo about injustice in NXT, which led to NXT Commissioner Dusty Rhodes coming out. Rhodes warned Ambrose and Reigns about interfering in the main event for the NXT Championship.
* Bo Dallas b. Epico w/Primo with a Spear. After the match, the Colons assaulted Dallas until Michael McGillicutty ran down to make the save.
* Tamina Snuka b. Sasha Banks with a superfly splash.
* Kassius Ohno and Leo Kruger b. Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd. Gabriel and Kidd dominated early on in the match.
* Corey Graves b. NXT Champion Seth Rollins via disqualification when The Shield interfered, meaning Rollins retains the title. Rollins was decked out in full Shield apparel and even came out to a Shield titantron. After the match, the entire NXT locker room came out to stop The Shield, but they weren’t enough. Big E Langston appeared near the crowd and stared down The Shield to close the show.
Episode 2; Airing January 9th
* The show opened in NXT Commissioner Dusty Rhodes’ office where The Shield was meeting him. Rhodes informed Seth Rollins that he will defend the NXT Championship tonight, this time against Big E Langston (who was also in Rhodes’ office) and it will be a No Disqualifications match. Rhodes wished Langston good luck tonight.
* Percy Watson and Yoshi Tatsu were waiting in the ring when Bray Wyatt came out on stage. Wyatt cut a promo about the audience and the Wyatt family. Wyatt introduced Luke Harper and Rowan as he sat in a rocking chair on the stage.
* The Wyatt Family b. Percy Watson and Yoshi Tatsu.
* Paige b. Emma with the Paige Turner. Crowd loved Paige once again.
* Epico and Primo b. Bo Dallas and Michael McGillicutty when Primo hit the backstabber on McGillicutty.
* Big E Langston b. NXT Champion Seth Rollins in a No Disqualifications match to become the new champion with the Big Ending. The Shield attempted to interfere, but the NXT locker room ran down and chased off Ambrose and Reigns. After the match, the NXT roster celebrated with Langston in the ring. Langston also celebrated with fans before going up on stage where NXT Commissioner Dusty Rhodes and WWE executive Triple H congratulated him.
Episode 3; Airing January 16th
* The show opens with Kevin Nash making his way to the ring. Nash announces that he is the guest commissioner for the show. He announces Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd vs. Damien Sandow and WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro for later. Heath Slater interrupts and Nash proceeds to deliver a jackknife powerbomb.
* Adrian Neville b. Sakamoto with a corkscrew dive from the top rope.
* Trent Barreta b. Leo Kruger via disqualification due to interference from Kassius Ohno. Originally, Kruger won because the referee didn’t see Ohno interfere, but after William Regal came down to ringside to save Trent from further assault, the referee changed his mind.
* NXT Champion Big E Langston makes his way to the ring and tells the crowd that we are in the era of five. Langston gets the crowd to start chanting “five” over and over until Camacho interrupts and threatening to take the title, setting up a match between the two.
* NXT Champion Big E Langston b. Camacho in a non-title match with the Big Ending. After the match, Big E does the Big Ending a few more times per request of the crowd.
Off-Air: It is announced that WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will appear at the next set of tapings scheduled to take place on January 10th.
* Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd b. Damien Sandow and WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro with a cool combo finisher.